LEAD ➡️ in the churchPhilippians 2:1-8
Fruit is the byproduct of your relationship with Christ. We will not enjoy true love and peace until we have got Jesus as our savior and as we connect and grow! No matter if you’re an introvert or extrovert, you’re a leader! It begins in the home so we can outpour that love to others! God uses us in different compacity to influence people! Every person has a unique function to fulfill in the church. Challenge: discern and discover why God has put you in your church to lead the church and the body!!
“I exist today to function for the purpose of leading people to Jesus!” We are a movement of God! We are here to lead! Say it to yourself, “Leadership!” Spiritual leadership is servant leadership! Our model comes from Jesus Christ. Best way to lead the people is through HUMBLE SERVICE.
** READ THIS DAILY: “Do NOTHING from selfish ambition or conceit, but in HUMILITY count others more significant than yourselves.” (Vs 3)
Big idea: I am connected to and and this church, and I am growing in my faith, in order to LEAD people to Jesus, not only in my HOME, but also in my CHURCH.
Fullness OF JOY (1-2)
* Cherish the love this church possesses because of Christ
* Celebrate the Unity this church possesses because of Christ
– If Jesus wasn’t here, this wouldn’t be a friendly place. We are united in many differences and by Jesus, we have that love we need to posses it! You should find encouragement, empathy, mercy, and spiritual growth. Jesus is the cornerstone! Be united and celebrate together. We are very unique! We all have a past that brings us together and our perspective of life helps each other to see what could change or benefit others in our venture! Only in a church can you find unity in diversity. Find joy in all your days! No one wants to follow someone that doesn’t have joy in their life! LEAD in JOY and watch people that will be drawn to you.
Mindset OF HUMILITY (3-7)
* Not, “what do I want?” But, “What will strengthen the church and build the Kingdom?” * Higher callings and positions of influence do not terminate the necessity of humility, but ENLARGE it.
– It’s not about me, it’s about your church and what will strengthen your church! Your participation and what you can do to HELP your body will make it more abundant and enlarge the kingdom of God; more successful church! “Must resist me first mentality.” Jesus was as high as you could get, he was equal with God! The higher you are, find humility, so that you can come to others! Push out barriers and enlarge the understand for NEED of humility and get more people to the presence of God! What of God has given you a higher calling for the benefit of Jesus!!! Spear of influence is based on doing something that you would ask someone else, that you will do yourself! Lead by example.
Acts OF SACRIFICE (8)
* Give your best – Give your all
– Jesus talked and bared action with his words! He emptied himself, left the splendor the heavens to come to this world, as a helpless baby and SACRIFICE himself! Spiritual labor… Jesus gave his BEST and gave his ALL. Do your best for then glory of God!
** Smartphone: Take the spiritual gift assessment.… email it to the pastor (if you feel lead to do so)….
Don’t assume you KNOW what spiritual gift you have… take a moment to find out…. what is your gift. The church body, the city, NEEDS YOU! All that we do in the church for the church, is for the glory of God!
Check your abilities and do so with joy, humility and love!
** In a church, its not about just you, it’s about the whole church! “The church needs your help and someone else will do the job, someone else will step up.” Do you know this for sure!? Assuming that someone else will intervene and take a place… you don’t know that for sure! **
“So if there is any ENCOURAGEMENT IN CHRIST, any COMFORT FROM LOVE, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do NOTHING from selfish ambition or conceit, but in HUMILITY count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
– Philippians 2:1-8